Mennonite Central Committee Ontario

50 Kent Ave
Kitchener, ON N2G 3R1
Executive Director: Rick Cober Bauman
Board Chair: Karen Cornies

Charitable Reg. #: 11903 8263 RR0001
Sector: Social Services
Operating Charity

Charity Rating

[Charity Rating: 4/4]

Social Results Reporting

Grade: B

The grade is based on the charity's public reporting of the work it does and the results it achieves.

Financial Transparency

Audited financial statements for current and previous years available on the charity's website [ Audited financial statement for most recent year ]

Program Cost Coverage

Funding Reserves Program Costs

Spending Breakdown

Full-time staff #63

Avg. Compensation $57,282

Top 10 Staff Salary Range

$350k + 0
$300k - $350k 0
$250k - $300k 0
$200k - $250k 0
$160k - $200k 0
$120k - $160k 0
$80k - $120k 5
$40k - $80k 5
< $40k 0
Information from most recent CRA Charities Directorate filings for F2015

About Mennonite Central Committee Ontario:

Mennonite Central Committee Ontario (MCCO) is a provincial division of Mennonite Central Committee, a global Anabaptist organisation that strives to share God's love and compassion through relief, development, and peace-building. The charity's focus includes caring for vulnerable people, providing hunger relief and access to education, and promoting justice and preventing violence. MCCO grants a significant portion of its revenues to Mennonite Central Committee Canada (MCC Canada), which is active in providing relief and services in the developing world. In F2016, MCCO granted $10m to MCC Canada and spent $3.7m on its own programs.

In F2016, MCCO provided 4,308 blankets to displaced families around the world, supported 3,499 families in Syria with monthly cash assistance, and restocked goat herds of 198 drought-affected households in Ethiopia. MCCO provided winter home heating to 465 displaced families in Ukraine and winter supplies to 1,284 displaced families in Nepal. MCCO enabled 134 disadvantaged Roma children in Serbia to continue elementary school and achieved 95% elimination of mother-to-child transmission of HIV/AIDS at the Mengo Hospital in Uganda. In F2016, MCCO submitted 210 refugee sponsorship applications and welcomed 466 refugees to Ontario.

MCC Canada runs 108 thrift shops accross Canada with 300 management staff. In F2016, MCCO earned a net profit of $3.4m from thrift shops.

Financial Review:

In F2016, Mennonite Central Committee Ontario's administrative costs were 5% of revenues, while fundraising costs were 4% of donations. Total overhead costs of 9% fall within Ci's reasonable range. The charity has funding reserves of $7.8m, which can cover annual grants and programs for 7 months.

Analysis updated by Ruoxi Gao in 2016, currently under review by Mennonite Central Committee Ontario.

Financial Ratios

Fiscal year ending March
Administrative costs as % of revenues 5.0%7.8%7.8%
Fundraising costs as % of donations 4.1%3.7%3.5%
Program cost coverage (%) 57.3%39.3%33.1%

Summary Financial Statements

All figures in $000s
Donations 12,9349,3608,955
Business activities (net) 3,3603,0502,296
Special events 649590553
Investment income 241015
Total revenues 16,96813,00911,818
Program costs 3,6542,8962,787
Grants 9,9748,1077,850
Administrative costs 8381,015923
Fundraising costs 556364335
Cash flow from operations 1,946626(76)
Funding reserves 7,8064,3203,519
Note: Ci included business activities (thrift shops) net of expenses, decreasing revenues and expenses by $2.9m in F2016, $2.6m in F2015, and $2.7m in F2014.

Comments added by the Charity:

No comments have been added by charity
Go to top