You may also like:
Mennonite Central Committee Canada
Relief, development, and peace in the name of Christ
International Aid
Winnipeg, MB
Mennonite Central Committee Ontario
Relief, development and peace in the name of Christ
Social Services
Kitchener, ON

Mennonite Central Committee Manitoba

134 Plaza Drive
Winnipeg, MB R3T 5K9
Executive Director: Peter Rempel
Board Chair: Stefan Epp-Koop

Charitable Reg. #: 10769 0885 RR0001
Sector: Social Services
Operating Charity

Donor Accountability

Grade: C+

The grade is based on the charity's public reporting of the work it does and the results it achieves.

Financial Transparency

Audited financial statements for current and previous years available on the charity's website [ Audited financial statement for most recent year ]

Need for Funding

Funding Reserves Program Costs

Spending Breakdown

Cents to The Cause

2013 2014 2015
For a dollar donated, cents funding the cause after fundraising and admin costs, excluding surplus.

Full-time staff #13

Avg. Compensation $68,480

Top 10 Staff Salary Range

$350k + 0
$300k - $350k 0
$250k - $300k 0
$200k - $250k 0
$160k - $200k 0
$120k - $160k 0
$80k - $120k 3
$40k - $80k 7
< $40k 0
Information from most recent CRA Charities Directorate filings for F2015

About Mennonite Central Committee Manitoba:

Mennonite Central Committee Manitoba (MCCM) is a division of Mennonite Central Committee, a global Anabaptist organisation that strives to share God’s love and compassion through relief, development, and peace-building.  The charity's focus includes caring for vulnerable people, providing hunger relief and access to education, and promoting justice and preventing violence.  

MCCM grants a significant portion of its revenues to Mennonite Central Committee Canada (MCC Canada), which is active in providing relief and services in the developing world.  In F2015, MCCM granted $7.6m to MCC  Canada and spent $1.4m in Manitoba on  refugees, aboriginal peoples, survivors of crime, and communities struggling with poverty.  In F2015, MCC  Canada supported 3,499 families in Syria through monthly cash assistance, provided winter home heating for 465 displaced families in Ukraine, enabled 134 Roma children in Serbia to continue elementary school, helped 45 families in Palestine to establish home gardens, constructed wells for 9 communities in Nigeria, and provided access to safe water for 6,000 people in Mozambique.  

Financial Review:

In F2015, Mennonite Central Committee Manitoba's administrative costs were 5% of revenues, while fundraising costs were 6% of donations. Total overhead costs of 11% fall within Ci's reasonable range. The charity has funding reserves of $2.1m, which can cover annual grants and programs for 3 months.

Analysis updated by Ruoxi Gao in 2016, currently under review by Mennonite Central Committee Manitoba.

Financial Ratios

Fiscal year ending March
Administrative costs as % of revenues 5.1%4.4%4.8%
Fundraising costs as % of donations 5.6%5.5%6.1%
Program cost coverage (%) 23.2%18.0%18.0%

Summary Financial Statements

All figures in $000s
Donations 9,55010,2708,630
Goods in kind 182826
Fees for service 280284223
Special events 446459501
Investment income 161413
Other income 18629(33)
Total revenues 10,49611,0859,360
Program costs 1,4391,4331,349
Grants 7,6238,4437,077
Administrative costs 537483449
Fundraising costs 561593554
Cash flow from operations 337132(70)
Funding reserves 2,0981,7771,517
Note: Ci included income from Initiative for Just Communities in total revenue, raising total revenue by $150k in F2015, $24k in F2014, and lowering total revenue by $33k in F2013.

Comments added by the Charity:

Operating reserves are managed collaboratively across the MCC agencies in Canada.  The operating reserve of a particular MCC entity, such as MCC Manitoba, is not necessarily reflective of the resources available to the agency at a given point in time.  Across the MCC system in Canada, it is policy to target operating reserves to a minimum level of four (4) months of operating budget to a maximum level of six (6) months of operating budget.  When particular regional MCC entities fall outside of these guidelines, transfers of equity may be negotiated.

Go to top