Fora: Network for Change

215 Spadina Avenue, Suite 400
Toronto, ON M5T 2C7
CEO: Heather Barnabe
Board Chair: Dr. Rumeet Billan

Charitable Reg. #:83102 1506 RR0001

STAR RATING

Ci's Star Rating is calculated based on the following independent metrics:

[Charity Rating: 5/5]

✔+

FINANCIAL TRANSPARENCY

Audited financial statements for current and previous years available on the charity’s website.

A-

RESULTS REPORTING

Grade based on the charity's public reporting of the work it does and the results it achieves.

n/r

DEMONSTRATED IMPACT

The demonstrated impact per dollar Ci calculates from available program information.

NEED FOR FUNDING

Charity's cash and investments (funding reserves) relative to how much it spends on programs in most recent year.

72%

CENTS TO THE CAUSE

For a dollar donated, after overhead costs of fundraising and admin/management (excluding surplus) 72 cents are available for programs.



My anchor

OVERVIEW

About Fora: Network for Change:

Founded in 2009, Fora: Network for Change, formerly known as G(irls) 20, aims to promote women and gender-diverse young people by training them in leadership skills and placing them in positions of power. Its two programs are its global summit and its Girls on Boards Program. 

Its global summit started as a way for young women to speak directly to G20 leaders before the G20 summit. Fora gives its delegates a week of leadership training before its 1-day summit. The delegates write a communique together and present it to G20 leaders at the summit. In F2020, it selected 27 delegates, and an additional 900 people attended the summit. In total 47 countries were represented.  

Fora's Girls on Boards program takes 30 young women, gives them 3 days of leadership training, and then matches them to non-profits where they serve as a voting board member for a year. F2020 was the first year in which all 30 participants were successfully matched to boards. In addition to the 30 women in the program, 180 other people attended the leadership training conference.

My anchor

Results and Impact

Fora ran a survey before and after each of its programs to measure its effect on women’s leadership skills. 

In its summit program, the proportion of women reporting that they felt “confidence in reaching their goals as a young leader” went from 48% to 82%. The proportion who felt “confidence in pitching themselves and their ideas” went from 34% to 66%. 

In the Girls on Boards program, the proportion of women who felt highly confident in calling themselves leaders went from 38% to 58%. The proportion who felt deserving of a director position went from 29% to 63%.  

While Ci highlights these key results, they may not be representative of Fora's results and impact. 

Fora's demonstrated impact has not yet been rated (n/r). 

My anchor

Finances

Fora is a small charity. In F2020, it received $425k in donations. It also received $269k in government funding, making up 39% of total revenues. Administrative costs were 18% of revenues and fundraising costs were 10% of donations. This results in total overhead spending of 28%. For every dollar donated, 72 cents go to the cause. This is within Ci’s reasonable range for overhead spending.  

Fora has $461k in funding reserves which could cover 1.3 years of annual program costs. 

This charity report is an update that has been sent to Fora: Network for Change for review. Changes and edits may be forthcoming.  

Updated August 26, 2021 by Asha McMullin.

Financial Review


Financial Ratios

Fiscal year ending December
202020192018
Administrative costs as % of revenues 17.7%10.8%14.0%
Fundraising costs as % of donations 10.3%9.0%10.6%
Total overhead spending 28.0%19.7%24.6%
Program cost coverage (%) 125.7%68.3%42.1%

Summary Financial Statements

All figures in $s
202020192018
Donations 425,004646,246403,231
Government funding 269,292211,724153,526
Total revenues 694,296857,970556,757
Program costs 366,859552,173477,050
Administrative costs 122,94992,47077,749
Fundraising costs 43,78557,86242,864
Total spending 533,593702,505597,663
Cash flow from operations 160,703155,465(40,906)
Capital spending 02,7220
Funding reserves 461,308377,229200,800

Note: Ci adjusted for deferred donations to report on a cash basis. This affected revenues by $59k in F2020, $113k in F2019, and ($25k) in F2018.

Salary Information

Full-time staff: 4

Avg. compensation: $61,443

Top 10 staff salary range:

$350k +
0
$300k - $350k
0
$250k - $300k
0
$200k - $250k
0
$160k - $200k
0
$120k - $160k
0
$80k - $120k
1
$40k - $80k
3
< $40k
0

Information from most recent CRA Charities Directorate filings for F2019

My anchor

Comments & Contact

Comments added by the Charity:

No comments have been added by the charity.

Charity Contact

Website: www.foranetwork.org
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Print