The Ontario Federation of Anglers & Hunters Inc.

4601 Guthrie Drive
Peterborough, ON K9J 8L5
Board Chair: Kerry Coleman
Executive Director: Angelo Lombardo

Website: www.ofcp.ca
Charitable Reg. #: 11891 3904 RR0001
Sector: Environment
Operating Charity

Social Results Reporting

Grade: B

The grade is based on the charity's public reporting of the work it does and the results it achieves.

Financial Transparency

Audited financial statements available only upon request [ Audited financial statement for most recent year ]

Program Cost Coverage

Funding Reserves Program Costs

Spending Breakdown

Full-time staff #53

Avg. Compensation $33,306

Top 10 Staff Salary Range

$350k + 0
$300k - $350k 0
$250k - $300k 0
$200k - $250k 0
$160k - $200k 0
$120k - $160k 2
$80k - $120k 3
$40k - $80k 5
< $40k 0
Information from most recent CRA Charities Directorate filings for F2014

About The Ontario Federation of Anglers & Hunters Inc.:

Founded in 1928, The Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters is the oldest and the largest fishing, hunting, and wildlife conservation organization in Canada. The charity advocates for Ontario's natural resources and the rights and traditions of anglers and hunters. The charity is known for its work on issues such as invasive species, anti-poaching, fisheries restoration, firearms, and hunter education. The charity has over 100,000 members, subscribers and supporters, and 725 member clubs. In F2015, the charity earned $3.4m from Membership fees, contributing 47% of total revenue. As of F2015, the charity has trained more than 22,905 new hunters, 22% of which were women. The charity's 656 volunteers planted 3,785 trees and shrubs in the Atlantic Salmon Restoration Program in F2015.

Financial Review:

In F2015, The Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters spent 10% of revenues on administrative costs and 22% of donations on fundraising costs. Total overhead costs of 32% fall within Ci's reasonable range. The charity has funding reserves of $3.6m, which can cover annual programs for 7 months.

Analysis updated by Ruoxi Gao in 2016, currently under review by The Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters.

Financial Ratios

Fiscal year ending December
201520142013
Administrative costs as % of revenues 10.3%9.6%10.9%
Fundraising costs as % of donations 22.1%25.3%35.3%
Program cost coverage (%) 58.2%65.3%62.6%

Summary Financial Statements

All figures in $000s
201520142013
Donations 722885745
Fees for service 3,3863,4983,479
Lotteries (net) (48)30460
Business activities (net) 2,8372,7582,385
Special events 277377448
Investment income 863771
Other income 05137
Total revenues 7,2607,8657,325
Program costs 6,1296,4265,924
Administrative costs 735752788
Fundraising costs 221320421
Cash flow from operations 175368193
Funding reserves 3,5694,1933,710
Note: Ci deducted magazine expense from business activities, lowering total revenue and total costs by $3.4m in F2015, $3.5m in F2014 and F2013.  Ci reported net lottery income, lowering total revenue and total costs by $1m in F2015, $601k in F2014, and $784k in F2013.  Ci deducted cost of sales from business activities, lowering total revenue and total costs by $226k in F2015, $180k in F2014, and $243k in F2013.  The charity's F2015 T3010 filing was not posted on the CRA's website when this profile was created and compensation information is based on the charity's F2014 T3010 filing.  

Comments added by the Charity:

No comments have been added by charity

Visitor Survey

Do you like our website? We need your help.

Please click here to fill out a short (less than 5 minutes) survey

Go to top