Toronto, ON M4P 0B3
President: Caroline Riseboro
Board Chair: Karen Jackson
Charitable Reg. #: 11892 8993 RR0001
Social Results Reporting
Grade: A-The grade is based on the charity's public reporting of the work it does and the results it achieves.
Program Cost Coverage
Full-time staff #192
Avg. Compensation $82,743
Top 10 Staff Salary Range
|$300k - $350k||2|
|$250k - $300k||1|
|$200k - $250k||2|
|$160k - $200k||5|
|$120k - $160k||0|
|$80k - $120k||0|
|$40k - $80k||0|
About PLAN Canada:
Founded in 1968, Plan Canada (PC) is an affiliate of Plan International. PC works to support social justice for children and to equip communities with the tools needed to fight poverty. It seeks to build sustainable solutions to improve the quality of life for people in developing countries. Plan Canada is inclusive of all faiths and cultures, mobilizing people around the world to create a sustainable environment in which children, families and communities can thrive.
Child sponsorships are Plan Canada's largest source of donations (61% in F2015). Plan Canada states that these donations are pooled and go to community development projects that benefit all the children and families living in the community. One of Plan's major initiatives, 'Because I am a Girl', addresses gender inequality, promoting girls' education and equal rights.
In F2015, Plan International trained 112,480 workers, 112,489 school staff and 225,774 health workers. PC also published 2,600 comics to guide victims of bullying. It responded to 44 disasters around the world, reaching 4 million people. Plan International built 100,000 toilets in developing countries and improved access to clean water for 2.2 million people. Plan International states that 89% of the population in countries it works in now have access to clean water, up from 76% in 1990.
Plan Canada is one of Canada's Major 100 charities. It received donations of $141.3m in F2015. Administrative costs are 6% of revenues and fundraising costs are 19% of donations. Total overhead costs come to 25%, falling within Ci's reasonable range. PC's total funding reserves are $37.3m. Excluding donor-endowed funds of $2.5m, funding reserves can cover annual program costs for 2 months.
This charity report is an update that is being reviewed by Plan Canada. Changes and edits may be forthcoming.
Updated on June 15th, 2016 by Mirza Ali Shakir.
Financial RatiosFiscal year ending June
|Administrative costs as % of revenues||5.7%||6.2%||6.7%|
|Fundraising costs as % of donations||18.7%||20.7%||20.6%|
|Program cost coverage (%)||23.3%||22.9%||25.0%|
Summary Financial StatementsAll figures in $000s
|Goods in kind||30,384||22,301||31,622|
|Program costs - International||145,912||120,889||120,736|
|Program costs - Canada||14,011||10,840||9,421|
|Cash flow from operations||5,475||9,666||10,177|