United Way of Greater Moncton and Southeastern New Brunswick Region

22 Church Street, T210
Moncton, NB E1C 0P7
Executive Director: Debbie McInnis
Board President: Colin Smith

Website: www.gmsenbunitedway.ca
Charitable Reg. #: 11927 8455 RR0001
Sector: Fundraising Organization
Public Foundation

Charity Rating

[Charity Rating: 4/4]

Social Results Reporting

Grade: B+

The grade is based on the charity's public reporting of the work it does and the results it achieves.

Financial Transparency

Audited financial statements for current and previous years available on the charity's website [ Audited financial statement for most recent year ]

Program Cost Coverage

Funding Reserves Program Costs

Spending Breakdown

Full-time staff #8

Avg. Compensation $54,474

Top 10 Staff Salary Range

$350k + 0
$300k - $350k 0
$250k - $300k 0
$200k - $250k 0
$160k - $200k 0
$120k - $160k 0
$80k - $120k 0
$40k - $80k 7
< $40k 1
Information from most recent CRA Charities Directorate filings for F2014

About United Way of Greater Moncton and Southeastern New Brunswick Region:

Founded in 1953, United Way of Greater Moncton and Southeastern New Brunswick (UWMNB) raises funds to build safe and strong communities, help poor people and support struggling children. It funds 28 local charities and organises many programs, including the Government of Canada Workplace Charitable Campaign. The campaign solicits donations from companies and its employees. UWMNB reports that 1 in every 8 people in Southeastern New Brunswick lives in poverty. Further, 58% of children do not have breakfast with a parent or guardian and 49,400 people suffer from food insecurity. 15,500 individuals in Moncton are at risk of being homeless and 25% of seniors there are living alone.

In F2015, United Way of Greater Moncton and Southeastern New Brunswick allocated $1.7m to local charities, including $482k of donor-designated grants. In allocating to charities, UWM gave out $700k to help children and youth, $118k to fight poverty and $385k to strengthen the community. Charities funded by UWMNB held 38 Collective Kitchen and 66 Kitchen Teaching classes to help 142 poor people cook cheap meals. These charities supported 213 youth with mental illness and trained 3,839 students aspiring to be entrepreneurs. 2,661 children have a better and safer place to go after school thanks to UWMNB's funding. 460 people have begun the transition from poverty to a respectable life through UWM's efforts.

In F2015, United Way of Greater Moncton and Southeastern New Brunswick funded programs for 320 single parents. 86% of these parents report greater confidence in their parenting abilities.

Financial Review:

United Way of Greater Moncton and Southeastern New Brunswick is a Mid-Cap charity with donations of $2.6m in F2015. Administration costs are 11% of total revenues and fundraising costs are 17% of total donations. Total overhead costs come to 28%, falling within Ci's reasonable range. UWMNB holds $722k in funding reserves that can cover its program costs for 6 months years.

This charity report is an update that has been sent to the charity for review. Changes and edits may be forthcoming.

Updated August 8th, 2016 by Mirza Ali Shakir.

Financial Ratios

Fiscal year ending December
201520142013
Administrative costs as % of revenues 11.2%12.4%10.1%
Fundraising costs as % of donations 16.6%17.7%17.2%
Program cost coverage (%) 46.4%53.7%61.2%

Summary Financial Statements

All figures in $s
201520142013
Donations 2,610,1212,428,5872,423,994
Government funding 9,51476,941561,319
Investment income 5,8139,33310,072
Other income 03,6668,893
Total revenues 2,625,4482,518,5273,004,278
Program costs 383,984256,459218,941
Grants 1,172,6171,259,6371,064,966
Donor-designated donations 482,265512,127924,401
Administrative costs 294,181312,066302,485
Fundraising costs 434,239430,122416,595
Cash flow from operations (141,838)(251,884)76,890
Funding reserves 722,051814,275785,952
Note: Ci removed amortization from administrative and fundraising costs.

Comments added by the Charity:

No comments have been added by charity

Visitor Survey

Do you like our website? We need your help.

Please click here to fill out a short (less than 5 minutes) survey

Go to top