Centraide Outaouais

74, boul. Montclair
Gatineau, QC J8Y 2E7
Executive Director: Nathalie Lepage
Board President: AW Labelle

Website: www.centraideoutaouais.com
Charitable Reg. #: 11884 2459 RR0001
Sector: Fundraising Organization
Public Foundation

Donor Accountability

Grade: B

The grade is based on the charity's public reporting of the work it does and the results it achieves.

Financial Transparency

Audited financial statements available only upon request [ Audited financial statement for most recent year ]

Need for Funding

Funding Reserves Program Costs

Spending Breakdown

Cents to The Cause

2013 2014 2015
For a dollar donated, cents funding the cause after fundraising and admin costs, excluding surplus.

Full-time staff #12

Avg. Compensation $66,441

Top 10 Staff Salary Range

$350k + 0
$300k - $350k 0
$250k - $300k 0
$200k - $250k 0
$160k - $200k 0
$120k - $160k 0
$80k - $120k 1
$40k - $80k 9
< $40k 0
Information from most recent CRA Charities Directorate filings for F2015

About Centraide Outaouais:

Founded in 1979, Centraide Outaouais (COU), also known as United Way of Outaouais, focuses on supporting youth, improving living conditions of poor people and strengthening local communities. It allocates funds to 68 local charities working towards these goals in Outaouais. Outaouais is a region in western Quebec, north of Ottawa, which includes the city of Gatineau. COU reports that 12% of the population of Gatineau is poor, and 37% of households spend more than 30% of their income on rent.

In F2015, Centraide Outaouais allocated $4.2m to local charities. It funded the Back to School program to support children in school and the It’s Time program to host workshops and training sessions for the community. Charities funded by COU offered services to prevent 7,000 children from dropping out of school and improve social skills of 4,000 youth. These charities provided food to 8,000 people in Outaouais, shelter to 1,000 people and training sessions for 200 job-seeking youth. In F2015, Centraide Outaouais spent $41k on training and supporting 123 people in 59 workplaces as part of its Government of Canada Charitable Campaign Workplace program.

Financial Review:

Centraide Outaouais is a Mid-Cap charity. It received donations of $5.2m in F2015. Administrative costs are 2% of total revenues and fundraising costs are 16% of total donations. Total overhead costs are 18%, falling within Ci’s reasonable range. COU has total funding reserves of $4.4m that can cover the charity’s annual program costs for 1.1 years.

This charity report is an update that is being reviewed by the charity. Changes and edits may be forthcoming.

Updated on July 25th, 2016 by Mirza Ali Shakir.

Financial Ratios

Fiscal year ending March
Administrative costs as % of revenues 2.2%2.2%2.5%
Fundraising costs as % of donations 15.6%15.6%14.4%
Program cost coverage (%) 106.0%97.0%86.8%

Summary Financial Statements

All figures in $000s
Donations 5,2075,5545,330
Government funding 313836
Investment income 2148
Other income 8411148
Total revenues 5,3425,7065,422
Grants 4,1564,5455,017
Administrative costs 116126134
Fundraising costs 811865766
Cash flow from operations 260170(495)
Funding reserves 4,4034,4084,354
Note: Ci included gain on sale of long-term investments in its revenues calculation. Ci removed amortization from administrative and fundraising costs. Charity Intelligence has analyzed the charity’s French audited financial statements to the best of our abilities but we recognize that detailed financial information is beyond our linguistic expertise. Material omissions may not be reflected in Charity Intelligence’s analysis.

Comments added by the Charity:

No comments have been added by charity
Go to top