You may also like:
Trillium Health Partners Foundation
Your health. Our passion--for life.
Health - Hospital Foundation
Mississauga, ON
Scarborough Hospital Foundation
Strong communtiies build strong hospitals.
Health - Hospital Foundation
Scarborough, ON
Southlake Regional Health Centre Foundation
Inspiring investment in Southlake's future
Health - Hospital Foundation
Newmarket, ON

Humber River Hospital Foundation

1235 Wilson Ave, Level 1
Toronto, ON M3M 0B2
President & CEO: Colleen Albiston
Board Chair: Roy Scaini

Charitable Reg. #: 11930 6306 RR0001
Sector: Health - Hospital Foundation
Public Foundation

Results Reporting

Grade: C

The grade is based on the charity's public reporting of the work it does and the results it achieves.

Financial Transparency

Audited financial statements for current and previous years available on the charity's website [Audited financial statement for most recent year]

Need for Funding

Funding Reserves Program Costs

Spending Breakdown

Cents to the Cause

2013 2014 2015
For a dollar donated, cents funding the cause after fundraising and admin costs, excluding surplus.

Full-time staff #24

Avg. Compensation $90,011

Top 10 Staff Salary Range

$350k + 0
$300k - $350k 1
$250k - $300k 0
$200k - $250k 1
$160k - $200k 1
$120k - $160k 1
$80k - $120k 6
$40k - $80k 0
< $40k 0
Information from most recent CRA Charities Directorate filings for F2015

About Humber River Hospital Foundation:

Founded in 1982, the Humber River Hospital Foundation (HRHF) supports patient care at the Humber River Regional Hospital, one of the largest hospitals in the Greater Toronto Area.  HRHF raises funds to invest in the hospital’s programs, research and facilities. HRHF aims to provide the best treatments to patients, and invests in research to keep up with the increasingly complex health care sector.

For the past few years, HRHF has been in a fundraising campaign to establish a new hospital centre for the Humber River Regional Hospital. In October 2015, it finally launched the new centre, which HRHF claims is the first digital hospital in Ontario. HRHF funds many programs at the hospital, including emergency care, maternal programs and mental health services. The hospital also offers many surgical programs. The newly established Murphy and Helen Hull Robotics Centre has introduced the use of robotics in surgery. Surgeons have performed over a 100 life saving operations at this centre.

The Humber River Hospital Foundation continues its fundraising campaign to buy equipment for the recently opened hospital centre. 

Financial Review:

Humber River Hospital Foundation is a Big-Cap charity with donations and special event revenues of $9.6m in F2015.  Administrative costs are 16% of revenues and fundraising costs are 26% of donations. Total overhead costs come to 42% and fall above Ci’s reasonable range. HRHF has total funding reserves of $12.8m that can cover its F2015 program costs for 8 months. In F2014, HRHF had funding reserves of $24.5m that could cover its program costs for 5.1 years. The charity spent down its funding reserves on grants for the new hospital centre in F2015.

This charity report is an update that is being reviewed by Humber River Foundation. Changes and edits may be forthcoming.

Updated on May 31st , 2016 by Mirza Ali Shakir.

Financial Ratios

Fiscal year ending March
Administrative costs as % of revenues 16.0%13.5%11.9%
Fundraising costs as % of donations 26.1%47.2%49.3%
Program cost coverage (%) 66.2%514.1%259.9%

Summary Financial Statements

All figures in $000s
Donations 7,3826,6466,547
Special events 2,2751,5012,145
Investment income 1,9441,5631,600
Total revenues 11,6029,71010,293
Program costs 000
Grants 19,4064,7669,366
Administrative costs 1,5461,1011,032
Fundraising costs 2,5243,8434,284
Cash flow from operations (11,873)1(4,390)
Funding reserves 12,83824,50324,344
Note: Ci has reconciled administrative costs and fundraising costs with the charity’s T3010 filing. Salaries and benefits expenses were allocated between administrative costs and fundraising costs to match the administrative costs and fundraising costs reported on CRA’s website

Comments added by the Charity:

No comments have been added by charity
Go to top