Kennedy House Youth Services

10 Milner Business Court, Suite 404
Toronto, ON M1B 3C6
Executive Director: Shelly Jaigobin
Board Chair: Dr. Peter Ray

Website: www.kennedyhouse.org
Charitable Reg. #: 10280 7245 RR0001
Sector: Social Services - At-Risk Youth
Operating Charity

Social Results Reporting

Grade: B

The grade is based on the charity's public reporting of the work it does and the results it achieves.

Financial Transparency

Audited financial statements available only upon request [ Audited financial statement for most recent year ]

Program Cost Coverage

Funding Reserves Program Costs

Spending Breakdown

Full-time staff #84

Avg. Compensation $39,836

Top 10 Staff Salary Range

$350k + 0
$300k - $350k 0
$250k - $300k 0
$200k - $250k 0
$160k - $200k 0
$120k - $160k 0
$80k - $120k 1
$40k - $80k 9
< $40k 0
Information from most recent CRA Charities Directorate filings for F2012

About Kennedy House Youth Services:

Founded in 1971, Kennedy House Youth Services (KHYS) is an organization that operates a range of residential and community-based programs serving youth aged 10 to 18 in the Greater Toronto Area. KHYS's day treatment programs serve young people struggling in traditional educational settings, but who do not need residential care. Residential services are offered at 5 group homes, each catered to specific social, emotional and gender-specific needs. KHYS also operates one secure Youth Custody & Detention program, providing a safe and highly structured environment for high-risk youth who have been detained or sentenced under the Youth Criminal Justice Act. In addition to these core programs, KHYS also offers an after-school program, offering vulnerable children aged 4 to 13 with a variety of recreational programming at 3 locations in Scarborough. KHYS's ultimate mission is to work with youth to enable them to grow as individuals and to contribute as members of the community.

Financial Review:

In F2012, KHYS's administrative costs were 17% of revenues. KHYS reported no fundraising costs as 97% of its revenue comes from the government or the Children's Aid Society (shown as donations below). The remaining 3% of other revenue represents donations, rental, investment and other income. Other costs represent KHYS's legal settlements. KHYS has $2.5m in funding reserves, which cover 55% of annual program costs.

Financial Ratios

Fiscal year ending March
201220112010
Administrative costs as % of revenues 16.7%12.8%13.6%
Fundraising costs as % of donations 0.0%0.0%0.0%
Program cost coverage (%) 55.4%63.3%58.1%

Summary Financial Statements

All figures in $000s
201220112010
Donations 2,2602,8312,835
Government funding 2,7072,5102,391
Other income 1347974
Total revenues 5,1015,4195,299
Program costs 4,5394,5124,528
Administrative costs 850692719
Fundraising costs 000
Other costs 10300
Cash flow from operations (391)21552
Funding reserves 2,5122,8552,633
Note: KHYS did not specify the breakdown of other revenue between donations, rental, investment and other income because these categories represent less than 3% of revenues.  Ci included contributions for capital assets received during the year in government funding and reduced revenues by the repayment of surplus to the government.  These adjustments increased revenues by $115k in F2012 and $32k in F2011.

Comments added by the Charity:

No comments have been added by charity
Go to top