Trillium Health Partners Foundation

5th floor, 100 Queensway West
Mississauga, ON L5B 1B8
Board Chair: Colin Saldanha
Treasurer: David Regan

Website: www.trilliumgiving.ca
Charitable Reg. #: 11924 5678 RR0001
Sector: Health - Hospital Foundation
Public Foundation

Social Results Reporting

Grade: B-

The grade is based on the charity's public reporting of the work it does and the results it achieves.

Financial Transparency

Audited financial statements for current and previous years available on the charity's website [ Audited financial statement for most recent year ]

Program Cost Coverage

donor
endowed
Funding Reserves Program Costs

Spending Breakdown

Full-time staff #14

Avg. Compensation $237,886

Top 10 Staff Salary Range

$350k + 1
$300k - $350k 0
$250k - $300k 0
$200k - $250k 1
$160k - $200k 1
$120k - $160k 3
$80k - $120k 4
$40k - $80k 0
< $40k 0
Information from most recent CRA Charities Directorate filings for F2015

About Trillium Health Partners Foundation:

Founded in 1971, the Trillium Health Partners Foundation raises funds for the Trillium Health Partners — the Credit Valley Hospital, Mississauga Hospital, and Queensway Health Centre. The donations to the foundation are used in areas where the government does not fund. The foundation held 118 community fundraising events in F2015 and funding priorities include: patient care spaces, equipment and technology, research and education, and training of care professionals. The Trillium Health Partners have 8,185 staff, 1,138 medical professionals, and 2,222 volunteers. In F2015, Trillium Health Partners received a total of 1,613,290 patient visits, including 61,844 inpatient admissions and 266,681 emergency department visits. The Trillium Health Partners performed 63,525 surgical procedures, 661,636 diagnostic services, and 8,722 births.

Financial Review:

In F2016, the Trillium Health Partners Foundation's administrative costs were 3% of revenues, while fundraising costs were 12% of donations. Total overhead costs of 15% fall within Ci's reasonable range. The foundation has funding reserves of $59m, including donor-endowed funds of $16m. The total funding reserve can cover annual grants and programs for 6.4 years or 5.1 years excluding donor-endowed funds. In F2016, the foundation spent $4m on staff salaries and benefits and granted a total of $5m to the Trillium Health Partners in F2016.

Analysis updated by Ruoxi Gao in 2016, currently under review by the Trillium Health Partners Foundation.

Financial Ratios

Fiscal year ending March
201620152014
Administrative costs as % of revenues 3.4%4.4%3.3%
Fundraising costs as % of donations 11.7%13.3%12.2%
Program cost coverage (%) 644.2%458.5%785.0%

Summary Financial Statements

All figures in $000s
201620152014
Donations 16,80012,42412,396
Business activities (net) 01,0551,671
Special events 3,2653,5323,317
Investment income (198)1,9112,796
Total revenues 19,86618,92220,180
Program costs 3,8983,4243,487
Grants 5,2627,8022,417
Administrative costs 675743572
Fundraising costs 2,3392,1231,918
Cash flow from operations 7,6934,83011,785
Funding reserves 59,01151,46946,350
Note: Ci included fair value adjustments in investment income, lowering total revenue by $2m in F2016 and raising total revenue by $236k in F2015 and $2m in F2014.  The charity's F2016 T3010 filing was not posted on the CRA's website when this profile was created and compensation information is based on the charity's F2015 T3010 filing.  

Comments added by the Charity:

Ci does not include investment income in the calculation of Fundraising and administrative costs as a percentage of revenue, while the Foundation calculates it as a percentage of total revenues - 33% in 2013, 28% in 2012, and 30% in 2011. Annual program cost coverage may vary significantly year-over-year as grants are distributed in lump sums pre-determined by the Hospital's cash flow requirements for major capital redevelopment. Average compensation shown represents total salary and benefits costs divided by number of employees, and does not represent average salary.

Visitor Survey

Do you like our website? We need your help.

Please click here to fill out a short (less than 5 minutes) survey

Go to top