You may also like:
Pathways Clubhouse
Mentally healthy people in a healthy society
Social Services - Homeless (Mental Health)
Richmond, BC
Hope Air
The Gift of Flight
Social Services
Toronto, ON

Lions Gate Hospital Foundation

231 East 15th Street
North Vancouver, BC V7L 2L7
President: Judy Savage
Board Chair: Paul Hamilton

Charitable Reg. #: 11902 0907 RR0001
Sector: Health - Hospital Foundation
Public Foundation

Results Reporting

Grade: C

The grade is based on the charity's public reporting of the work it does and the results it achieves.

Financial Transparency

Audited financial statements for current and previous years available on the charity's website [Audited financial statement for most recent year]

Need for Funding

Funding Reserves Program Costs

Spending Breakdown

Cents to the Cause

2013 2014 2015
For a dollar donated, cents funding the cause after fundraising and admin costs, excluding surplus.

Full-time staff #8

Avg. Compensation $102,022

Top 10 Staff Salary Range

$350k + 0
$300k - $350k 0
$250k - $300k 0
$200k - $250k 1
$160k - $200k 0
$120k - $160k 0
$80k - $120k 2
$40k - $80k 4
< $40k 1
Information from most recent CRA Charities Directorate filings for F2015

About Lions Gate Hospital Foundation:

Founded in 1981, Lions Gate Hospital Foundation (LGHF) raises funds for health care centres in northern Vancouver. The main beneficiary is Lions Gate Hospital. LGHF also sponsors Cedarview Lodge, Evergreen House and 7 other hospitals. LGHF focuses on enhancing patient care and purchasing new equipment to respond to advances in medical technology. Patient care is mainly focused on mental health, nuclear medicine and endoscopy.

In F2015, Lions Gate Hospital Foundation allocated $3.1m to mental health programs, $1.2m to nuclear medicine programs and $3.9m to other projects. Lions Gate Hospital Foundation invested $26.5m to build the HOPE Centre, which opened up in late 2014. The centre provides mental health services and houses many patients suffering from depression. The HOPE Centre also gives space to UBC Medical Education Centre and BC Ambulance. LGHF reports that the centre has reduced intervention rates in patients with depression by 70%.

Lions Gate Hospital Foundation is currently in fundraising campaigns to increase the capacity of its hospital centres and improve the quality of treatment offered.

Financial Review:

Lions Gate Hospital Foundation is a Big-Cap charity with donations and special event revenues of $14.3m in F2015.  Administrative costs are 7% of revenues and fundraising costs are 3% of donations. Total overhead costs come to 10% and fall within Ci’s reasonable range. LGHF has total funding reserves of $59.1m that can cover annual program costs for 8.2 years. Excluding donor-endowed funds of $36.8m, funding reserves can cover annual program costs for 4.2 years.

In F2015, Lions Gate Hospital Foundation’s operating cash flow was 51% of its revenues 0 net surplus was greater than total expenses.

This charity report is an update that is being reviewed by Lions Gate Hospital Foundation. Changes and edits may be forthcoming.

Updated on June 10th, 2016 by Mirza Ali Shakir.

Financial Ratios

Fiscal year ending June
Administrative costs as % of revenues 6.5%5.3%9.8%
Fundraising costs as % of donations 3.3%2.3%4.1%
Program cost coverage (%) 824.2%280.8%852.8%

Summary Financial Statements

All figures in $000s
Donations 12,59120,1208,314
Special events 1,7492,7011,317
Investment income 2,9815,6232,094
Other income 18154
Total revenues 17,50228,44911,730
Grants 7,17518,1744,952
Administrative costs 9381,198939
Fundraising costs 471513390
Cash flow from operations 8,9188,5645,449
Funding reserves 59,13151,03542,231
Note: Ci has included all unrealized and realized gains from investments in its revenues calculation.

Comments added by the Charity:

No comments have been added by charity
Go to top