United Way of the Alberta Capital region

15132 Stony Plain Road
Edmonton, AB T5P 3Y3
President & CEO: Anne Smith
Board Chair: Mona Hale

Website: www.myunitedway.ca
Charitable Reg. #: 11926 0487 RR0001
Sector: Fundraising Organization
Public Foundation

Charity Rating

[Charity Rating: 4/4]

Social Results Reporting

Grade: A-

The grade is based on the charity's public reporting of the work it does and the results it achieves.

Financial Transparency

Audited financial statements for current and previous years available on the charity's website [ Audited financial statement for most recent year ]

Program Cost Coverage

Funding Reserves Program Costs

Spending Breakdown

Full-time staff #72

Avg. Compensation $75,147

Top 10 Staff Salary Range

$350k + 0
$300k - $350k 0
$250k - $300k 0
$200k - $250k 1
$160k - $200k 1
$120k - $160k 5
$80k - $120k 3
$40k - $80k 0
< $40k 0
Information from most recent CRA Charities Directorate filings for F2015

About United Way of the Alberta Capital region:

Founded in 1941, United Way of the Alberta Capital Region (UWACR) gathers resources to fight poverty in Alberta. It tackles social issues in education, income and wellness. UWACR supports programs and services that address community needs and improve the lives of poor people.

United Way of the Alberta Capital Region funds local charities that are fighting poverty. These charities provide rental support to families and train adults so they may find jobs. UWACR also funded many school programs to provide education to children and support vulnerable youth. It worked with the City of Edmonton to develop a long-term plan for poverty reduction. In 2015, UWACR gave out 11,000 school kits to encourage children to attend school and provided 8,000 coats to protect people against the cold.

United Way of the Alberta Capital Region identifies 12 desired results for its programs and has 5 main goals. These goals aim to attack the causes of poverty, support children from an early age, teach people better financial management skills, advocate for better mental health services and more employment opportunities.

Financial Review:

United Way of the Alberta Capital Region is one of Canada's Major 100 charities. It collected donations of $24.5m in F2015. Administrative costs are 8% of revenues while fundraising costs are 11% of donations. Total overhead costs come to 19% and fall within Ci's reasonable range. United Way of the Alberta Capital Region has funding reserves of $11.3m that can cover 62% of its program costs.

This charity report is an update that is being reviewed by United Way of the Alberta Capital Region. Changes and edits may be forthcoming.

Updated on May 25, 2016 by Mirza Ali Shakir.

Financial Ratios

Fiscal year ending March
201520142013
Administrative costs as % of revenues 7.7%7.7%7.6%
Fundraising costs as % of donations 11.1%11.3%9.4%
Program cost coverage (%) 61.6%50.9%44.8%

Summary Financial Statements

All figures in $000s
201520142013
Donations 24,53324,00723,763
Fees for service 1209695
Investment income 978575
Other income 272553
Total revenues 24,77824,21323,987
Program costs 3,6333,7943,549
Grants 14,65915,28615,084
Administrative costs 1,9021,8621,821
Fundraising costs 2,7302,7052,236
Cash flow from operations 1,8545651,297
Funding reserves 11,2589,7168,340
Note:  

Comments added by the Charity:

No comments have been added by charity
Go to top