530 10th Avenue South
Sherbrooke, QC J1G 2R9
President: Sophie Warren
Treasurer: Mario Iannuzzi

Charitable Reg. #:89730 2964 RR0001

STAR RATING

Ci's Star Rating is calculated based on the following independent metrics:

🔓
Unlock Charity Ratings

FINANCIAL TRANSPARENCY

Audited financial statements available only upon request.

C

RESULTS REPORTING

Grade based on the charity's public reporting of the work it does and the results it achieves.

n/r

DEMONSTRATED IMPACT

The demonstrated impact per dollar Ci calculates from available program information.

NEED FOR FUNDING

Charity's cash and investments (funding reserves) relative to how much it spends on programs in most recent year.

71%

CENTS TO THE CAUSE

For a dollar donated, after overhead costs of fundraising and admin/management (excluding surplus) 71 cents are available for programs.



My anchor

Programs

About CHUS Foundation:

Founded in 1977, CHUS Foundation raises funds to support CHUS (Centre  Hospitalier Universitaire de Sherbrooke), the fourth largest hospital in Quebec. The CHUS Foundation serves about 1 million people each year and provides ultra-specialized care in cardiology, neurosurgery, medical and surgical oncology, and neonatology.  Since its incorporation, the CHUS Foundation has given the hospital more than $55 million.  In F2015, the foundation granted $7.0m to the hospital: 68% on equipment, 30% on research, and 2% other.  

In F2015, the foundation spent $1.4m on a  clinical simulation lab,  $1.1m on a 3T MRI, $400k on percutaneous cardiac valve patients, $60k on an ultrasound ENT, $41k on ultrasound radiation oncology, and $40k on Pulmonary Fibrosis research.

My anchor

Finances


In F2015,  CHUS Foundation spent 5% of revenues on administrative costs and 24% of donations on fundraising costs. Total overhead costs of 29% fall within Ci's reasonable range. The charity has funding reserves of $41m, which can cover annual programs and grants for 5.4 years.

Analysis updated by Ruoxi Gao in 2016, currently under review by  CHUS Foundation.

Financial Review


Financial Ratios

Fiscal year ending March
201520142013
Administrative costs as % of revenues 5.2%4.4%3.6%
Fundraising costs as % of donations 24.0%20.5%26.1%
Program cost coverage (%) 541.7%318.1%474.7%

Summary Financial Statements

All figures in $000s
201520142013
Donations 6,2128,5776,362
Business activities (net) 3,4823,7153,156
Special events 2,6451,328493
Investment income 3,3633,0761,922
Total revenues 15,70316,69611,933
Program costs 546585422
Grants 7,04310,7826,741
Administrative costs 647599357
Fundraising costs 2,1292,0271,788
Cash flow from operations 5,3372,7032,626
Funding reserves 41,11536,15234,002

Note: Ci reported business revenue net of related expenses, reducing both revenue and expense by $2.7m in F2015, $2.6m in F2014, and $2.5m in F2013. 

Salary Information

Full-time staff: 12

Avg. Compensation $60,852

Top 10 staff salary range

$350k +
0
$300k - $350k
0
$250k - $300k
0
$200k - $250k
0
$160k - $200k
0
$120k - $160k
1
$80k - $120k
1
$40k - $80k
6
< $40k
2

Information from most recent CRA Charities Directorate filings for F2015

My anchor

Comments & Contact

Comments added by the Charity:

No comments have been added by charity

Charity Contact

Website: www.fondationchus.org
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Print