Oxfam Canada

39 McArthur Ave
Ottawa, ON K1L 8L7
Executive Director: Julie Delahanty
Board Chair: Margaret Hancock

Website: www.oxfam.ca
Charitable Reg. #: 12971 6866 RR0001
Sector: International Aid
Operating Charity

Social Results Reporting

Grade: B-

The grade is based on the charity's public reporting of the work it does and the results it achieves.

Financial Transparency

Audited financial statements for current and previous years available on the charity's website [ Audited financial statement for most recent year ]

Program Cost Coverage

Funding Reserves Program Costs

Spending Breakdown

Full-time staff #66

Avg. Compensation $62,433

Top 10 Staff Salary Range

$350k + 0
$300k - $350k 0
$250k - $300k 0
$200k - $250k 0
$160k - $200k 1
$120k - $160k 3
$80k - $120k 6
$40k - $80k 0
< $40k 0
Information from most recent CRA Charities Directorate filings for F2015

About Oxfam Canada:

Founded in 1963, Oxfam Canada (OXC) is an affiliate of the Oxfam Confederation. It works with over 100 partners in local communities to tackle the root causes of poverty and inequality. OXC believes that ending global poverty begins with promoting women's rights. Oxfam Canada mobilizes people and resources to change policies, practices and attitudes that create wide inequality.

In F2015, Oxfam Canada allocated $9.7m to its international programs. Oxfam Canada raises funds in Canada and sends money to programs in the Americas, Africa and South Asia. It sent $86k to Canada, $632k to Latin America and the Caribbean, $1.7m to Horn of Africa (Ethiopia, Somalia and South Sudan), $1.8m to Southern Africa (Malawi, South Africa and Zimbabwe) and $3.8m to Asia/Middle East (Afghanistan, Indonesia, Israel, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines and Syria). The majority of these programs tackle the issues of education, health, poverty, gender inequality and fresh water. OXC also campaigns to raise public awareness of the causes of poverty and encourages individuals to take action.

Oxfam Canada reports that its efforts led to a reduction in the need for food aid in developing countries by 40%.

Financial Review:

Oxfam Canada is a Big-Cap charity, which received donations of $8.7m in F2015. Administrative costs are 11% of revenues and fundraising costs are 23% of donations. Total overhead costs come to 34%, falling within Ci's reasonable range. OXC has total funding reserves of $1.7m that can cover annual programs costs for 2 months.

This charity report is an update that is being reviewed by Oxfam Canada. Changes and edits may be forthcoming.

Updated on June 15th, 2016 by Mirza Ali Shakir.

Financial Ratios

Fiscal year ending March
201520142013
Administrative costs as % of revenues 11.2%10.1%8.5%
Fundraising costs as % of donations 23.0%22.3%16.3%
Program cost coverage (%) 15.5%4.0%4.9%

Summary Financial Statements

All figures in $000s
201520142013
Donations 8,6887,29313,602
Government funding 4,54012,66514,861
Investment income 2714(4)
Other income 2,3761,7863,635
Total revenues 15,63121,75732,093
Program costs - International 9,69817,98225,826
Program costs - Canada 9621,0621,305
Administrative costs 1,7462,1852,725
Fundraising costs 1,9971,6242,216
Cash flow from operations 1,228(1,097)21
Funding reserves 1,6507631,320
Note: Ci has included changes in deferred revenues in its revenue calculations, increasing revenues by $0.7m in F2015, ($1.5m) in F2014 and ($13.8m) in F2013. Ci has removed proceeds from disposal of tangible capital assets from revenues to report capital expenditures separately. Ci also removed amortization from administrative and fundraising costs to report amortization as a separate non-cash expense.

Comments added by the Charity:

No comments have been added by charity

Visitor Survey

Do you like our website? We need your help.

Please click here to fill out a short (less than 5 minutes) survey

Go to top