You may also like:
Community Living Toronto
Supporting rights and choices of people with an intellectual disability
Social Services
Toronto, ON
Youth Without Shelter
Ending homelessness…one youth at a time, one step at a time
Social Services - At-Risk Youth
Toronto, ON

Delisle Youth Services

40 Orchard View Blvd
Toronto, ON M4R 1B9
Executive Director: Marg Campbell
President: Ron Lalonde

Charitable Reg. #: 88742 0990 RR0001
Sector: Social Services - Youth
Operating Charity

Results Reporting

Grade: B-

The grade is based on the charity's public reporting of the work it does and the results it achieves.

Financial Transparency

Audited financial statements for current and previous years available on the charity's website

Need for Funding

Funding Reserves Program Costs

Spending Breakdown

Cents to the Cause

2014 2015
For a dollar donated, cents funding the cause after fundraising and admin costs, excluding surplus.

Full-time staff #39

Avg. Compensation $67,450

Top 10 Staff Salary Range

$350k + 0
$300k - $350k 0
$250k - $300k 0
$200k - $250k 0
$160k - $200k 1
$120k - $160k 0
$80k - $120k 9
$40k - $80k 0
< $40k 0
Information from most recent CRA Charities Directorate filings for F2015

About Delisle Youth Services:

Founded in 1970, Delisle Youth Services works in partnerships in Toronto to provide comprehensive and individual services for children, youth and families, particularly focusing on care and mental health. It seeks to be a lead agency in providing innovative programs to children and youth.

Delisle Youth Services is a multi-dimensional charity providing diverse programs. Delisle’s single largest program (80% of spending) is its residential care for children and youth with special needs and complex conditions. This compassionate care produces a social benefit of nearly $2 for every dollar invested.

Delisle spends $4.2 million on many other programs serving youth. Hillsdale is a home for 7 youth that is staffed 24/7 providing a place to live when going through family breakdowns, physical or sexual abuse, emotional trauma or mental illness. Delisle reports that 21% of the youth who left Hillsdale showed an increase in overall functioning, the highest improvement in 5 years. Day treatment programs helped 39 high school students stay in school with “moderate success” in improving behaviour, attendance and credit achievement.  The charity reports that 37% of participants showed improvement. SESSIONS is a drug-education program using music, art, literature and games to give youth between the ages of 13 and 24 the knowledge and skills to self-navigate through a complex, drug-using world. Mental health counselling is provided in 2 Toronto high schools supporting hundreds of high school students each year. STARS@TheStudio is an LGBTQ drop-in center used by 350 youth in F2015. Delisle Youth Services is strongly committed to social results evaluations which are posted on its website.

Financial Review:

Despite its large size with total revenues of $29.1m, Charity Intelligence sees Delisle as a small charity with annual donations below $500,000 a year. Excluding the funding from United Way, Delisle receives less than $100,000 in private donations. Delisle’s administrative costs are 5% of total revenues and fundraisings costs are 15% of donations. Total overhead costs are 20% of donations, within Ci's reasonable range. Delisle has funding reserves of $3.1m that cover 12% of its annual program costs.

Review by Kate Bahen on May 26, 2016.


Financial Ratios

Fiscal year ending March
Administrative costs as % of revenues 5.1%5.2%
Fundraising costs as % of donations 15.0%30.9%
Program cost coverage (%) 11.5%16.1%

Summary Financial Statements

All figures in $000s
Donations 366488
Goods in kind 062
Government funding 28,56226,585
Special events 4751
Investment income 10895
Total revenues 29,08327,281
Program costs 27,31025,545
Administrative costs 1,4871,415
Fundraising costs 62167
Other costs 2122
Cash flow from operations 203133
Funding reserves 3,1454,116
Note: Charity Intelligence has adjusted reported revenues to remove deferred capital contributions and deferred charitable gaming revenues: $156k in F2015. $60k in F2014.

Comments added by the Charity:

No comments have been added by charity
Go to top