Calgary Drop-in and Rehab Centre

1 Dermot Baldwin Way SE
Calgary, AB T2G 0P8
Board Chair: Ken Uzeloc
Treasurer: Jason Deliman

Website: www.thedi.ca
Charitable Reg. #: 11882 3459 RR0001
Sector: Social Services - Homeless
Operating Charity

Charity Rating

[Charity Rating: 4/4]

Social Results Reporting

Grade: A

The grade is based on the charity's public reporting of the work it does and the results it achieves.

Financial Transparency

Audited financial statements for current and previous years available on the charity's website [ Audited financial statement for most recent year ]

Program Cost Coverage

Funding Reserves Program Costs

Spending Breakdown

Full-time staff #149

Avg. Compensation $63,727

Top 10 Staff Salary Range

$350k + 0
$300k - $350k 0
$250k - $300k 0
$200k - $250k 2
$160k - $200k 2
$120k - $160k 2
$80k - $120k 4
$40k - $80k 0
< $40k 0
Information from most recent CRA Charities Directorate filings for F2015

About Calgary Drop-in and Rehab Centre:

The Calgary Drop-In and Rehab Centre (The DI) aims to prevent homelessness, offer shelter, and provide opportunities for people to rebuild their lives in Calgary. The Centre runs a shelter that provides emergency beds to intoxicated and sober men and women, and offers short and long-term supported living spaces.

In F2015, the charity served a total of 10,965 people, 88% of which were men. The shelter has a total of 1,245 beds, including 775 beds in a standard emergency shelter, 270 beds in transition housing, and 200 beds in intoxicated harm reduction. The charity served 1,239,964 meals in F2015, including 170,009 bagged lunches for people who work. 97,382 clothing items were distributed and 36,509 laundry appointments were made. 18,572 counselling session referrals were made, including 2,283 to government agencies. The charity's employment office placed 11,574 jobs in F2015, all of which were guaranteed a minimum of $12 per hour. The charity gives its clients the opportunity to volunteer for the organization: 2,366 clients gave back to the charity, donating 149,562 hours of their time in F2015.

Financial Review:

In F2015, Calgary Drop-In and Rehab Centre's administrative costs were 9% of revenues, while fundraising costs were 7% of donations. Total overhead costs of 16% fall within Ci's reasonable range. 47% of funding came from the Government of Alberta, Ministry of Human Services. The charity has funding reserves of $4.7m, which can cover annual programs for 3 months.

Analysis updated by Ruoxi Gao in 2016, currently under review by the Calgary Drop-In and Rehab Centre.

Financial Ratios

Fiscal year ending March
201520142013
Administrative costs as % of revenues 9.3%9.8%8.0%
Fundraising costs as % of donations 6.6%7.2%11.3%
Program cost coverage (%) 25.2%9.9%(12.6%)

Summary Financial Statements

All figures in $000s
201520142013
Donations 4,7054,6443,093
Goods in kind 3,3893,3993,270
Government funding 13,11513,00412,337
Business activities (net) 3,0482,7312,421
Investment income 1068997
Other income 1,7182,3641,675
Total revenues 26,08226,23222,891
Program costs 18,69118,08516,728
Administrative costs 2,4212,5671,829
Fundraising costs 309332351
Cash flow from operations 4,6615,2473,983
Funding reserves 4,7101,791(2,106)
Note: Ci included advertising and mailings as fundraising costs.  

Comments added by the Charity:

No comments have been added by charity
Go to top