Canadian Cancer Society - Prince Edward Island Division

1 Rochford Street, Suite 1
Charlottetown, PE C1A 9L2
Executive Director: Lori Barker
Board Chair: Charles Keliher

Charitable Reg. #: 11882 9803 RR0001
Sector: Health - Cancer
Operating Charity

Social Results Reporting

Grade: B

The grade is based on the charity's public reporting of the work it does and the results it achieves.

Financial Transparency

Audited financial statements for current and previous years available on the charity's website [ Audited financial statement for most recent year ]

Program Cost Coverage

Funding Reserves Program Costs

Spending Breakdown

Full-time staff #118

Avg. Compensation $99,049

Top 10 Staff Salary Range

$350k + 2
$300k - $350k 0
$250k - $300k 0
$200k - $250k 5
$160k - $200k 3
$120k - $160k 0
$80k - $120k 0
$40k - $80k 0
< $40k 0
Information from most recent CRA Charities Directorate filings for F2015

About Canadian Cancer Society - Prince Edward Island Division:

Founded in 1938, the Canadian Cancer Society (CCS) funds cancer research, advocates for bans on smoking and raises awareness of cancer in Canada. Like the national division, The Prince Edward Island Division of Canadian Cancer Society (CCSPEI) works to improve survival rates of cancer victims and to enhance the quality of life of cancer patients.

In F2015, Canadian Cancer Society Prince Edward Island Division spent $374k on running its programs, allocated $73k to cancer research and used $29k on advocacy. It also aids the Canadian Cancer Society in running the Canadian Cancer Society Research Institute. The institute researches cancer prevention, treatment and diagnosis. CCSPEI runs the Smokers' Helpline, which provided counselling to 250 people in 2015. The charity supported a further 400 people through its emotional support programs, and distributed 800 cancer information packages.

Through its advocacy, Canadian Cancer Society Prince Edward Island Division succeeded in banning flavored tobacco products in Prince Edward Island in 2014. The provincial government also introduced a Colorectal Cancer Screening Program in 2011. CCSPEI states that its efforts have helped bring cancer survival rates from 39% in 1970s to 63% today. The charity aims to increase the survival rate to 80% within the next decade.

Financial Review:

Canadian Cancer Society Prince Edward Island Division is a Micro-Cap charity. In F2015, it received donations and special events revenue of $858k. Administrative costs are 6% of revenues and fundraising costs come to 41% of donations. Total overhead costs are 47%, falling outside of Ci's reasonable range. CCSPEI has funding reserves of $521k that can cover program costs for 1.1 years.

This charity report is an update that is being reviewed by the charity. Changes and edits may be forthcoming.

Updated on June 23rd, 2016 by Mirza Ali Shakir.

Financial Ratios

Fiscal year ending January
Administrative costs as % of revenues 5.7%5.1%8.1%
Fundraising costs as % of donations 41.2%41.3%32.4%
Program cost coverage (%) 109.4%108.9%78.6%

Summary Financial Statements

All figures in $s
Donations 369,961450,378531,579
Government funding 81,48383,07395,091
Special events 488,051380,948465,701
Investment income 2,5922,9621,567
Total revenues 942,087917,3611,093,938
Program costs 476,011484,448570,584
Administrative costs 53,33946,39588,651
Fundraising costs 353,734343,053323,257
Cash flow from operations 59,00343,465111,446
Funding reserves 520,667527,634448,363
Note: Ci removed amortization from administrative and fundraising costs.

Comments added by the Charity:

No comments have been added by charity
Go to top