Ottawa, ON K1P5E7
Executive Director: Eleanor Fast
Board Chair: Richard Yank
Charitable Reg. #: 118834704RR0001
Grade: C+The grade is based on the charity's public reporting of the work it does and the results it achieves.
Need for Funding
Cents to The Cause
Full-time staff #16
Avg. Compensation $52,548
Top 10 Staff Salary Range
|$300k - $350k||0|
|$250k - $300k||0|
|$200k - $250k||0|
|$160k - $200k||0|
|$120k - $160k||0|
|$80k - $120k||3|
|$40k - $80k||7|
About Nature Canada:
Nature Canada began in 1939 as an association of naturalists clubs and is Canada's oldest national nature conservation organization. Today, Nature Canada acts as the national voice for its provincial member organizations. This network includes over 350 naturalist organizations with more than 45,000 volunteers and supporters.
Nature Canada's mission is to protect and conserve wildlife and habitats by engaging people and advocating on behalf of nature. Protecting birds and other biodiversity is at the core of Nature Canada, so too is ensuring the land and water they inhabit is kept clean and free from unnecessary disturbance. Programs focus on endangered species, bird conservation, water resources, and parks and protected areas.
In F2015, Nature Canada's administrative costs were 9% of revenues while fundraising costs were 20% of donations. Total overhead costs of 29% fall within Ci's reasonable range. Nature Canada has funding reserves of $743k, including donor-endowed funds of $128k. This funding reserve can cover annual grants and programs for 6 months or 5 months excluding donor-endowed funds.
Analysis updated by Ruoxi Gao in 2016, currently under review by Nature Canada.
Financial RatiosFiscal year ending March
|Administrative costs as % of revenues||9.4%||4.6%||5.8%|
|Fundraising costs as % of donations||20.1%||12.3%||21.5%|
|Program cost coverage (%)||51.9%||46.3%||67.4%|
Summary Financial StatementsAll figures in $s
|Cash flow from operations||(288,841)||(69,241)||2,245|